Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Toilet Paper Bandit

I have always been lucky to have awesome roommates or at the very least, awesome stories to tell about terrible roommates.
One of my most memorable roommates was a girl named Lynnette. I say girl, but that's a little misleading considering she was a 30 year-old super senior. 
Lynnette was a very cheap person, and decided early in the semester the she didn't need to help buy toilet paper for the apartment. 
When politely asking her to buy toilet paper didn't work, my other roommate, Amberly, and I decided we would approach things from a different angle. We chose to simultaneously empty both bathrooms of all toilet paper.
We put our plan into motion, and when we reconvened in the hallway a minute later with arms full of toilet paper, I was confused when Amberly started laughing.
"Why did you grab your towels?" Amberly asked.
"Clearly you've never run out of toilet paper" was all I could respond with. 

The next time I saw Lynnette walk into the bathroom, I couldn't help but immediately start laughing as the door closed behind her.
It only got funnier when she didn't come out for 20 minutes.
To my satisfaction, Lynnette bought toilet paper the very next day.
The moral of the story: Don't mess with Randi. 
Also: Never underestimate the desperation of a girl with no toilet paper.

2 comments:

  1. Haha...love it! Those were some good...uh...interesting times. :) Remember "the talk" that you guys had to have with her. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yep! That was awesome! We had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete